Quote of the Month


QUOTE OF THE MONTH



"My only regret is that I have but one life to give to my country"


-Nathan Hale



Sunday, September 19, 2010

7 Days in September

I went through this phase in my life a few months ago. It isnt what your thinking. I think. Not one of those phases. Somehow, I cant really point out one direct spark, but for some reason I was obsessed with September 11th and the events that unfolded that morning. Whatever it was, I somehow became fixated. And after watching all the videos, and reading all the books, the most inticing aspects of the whole event, are the perspective of the people who lived through it, in NYC, in Pennsylvania, and in D.C. In the documentary we watched in class, it is evident of the sheer chaos of that day. People wer spreading rumors, screaming, and running. Americans are not supposed to feel unsafe as they walk down the streets of their cities. That day we were. I thought the film did a great job showing that aspect of the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment