Quote of the Month


QUOTE OF THE MONTH



"My only regret is that I have but one life to give to my country"


-Nathan Hale



Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Haven't you've seen Dazed and Confused?

If you were to search imdb for the plot of Dazed and Confused, it would read "It's the last day of school at a high school in a small town in Texas in 1976. The upperclassmen are hazing the incoming freshmen, and everyone is trying to get stoned, drunk, or laid, even the football players that signed a pledge not to."

Okay, who went to High School in 76'? OUR PARENTS.

This is my point. It is so easy to make rules inhibiting the use of drugs in High School when the person creating the rule is not involved. That is the problem.

I hated going to Sunday school. I asked my mom, why do i have to go? She said because she had to when she was young.

The soul reason I cannot support drug testing, is because the idea is not coming from the people it is enforcing. It is made by the ones enforcing the rules. With a policy like this, students should be allowed to create their own decision on how they wanted to be treated with drug policy.

Now, I understand that not every rule in this world should be allowed to be made by the constituent. But in this case, it should be.

Throw out ever other fact, throw out every other decision. Parents, lawmakers, do not have the right to create a rule that inhibits students use of drugs. Not only would they be ignorant and naive to do so, but also critically hypocritical.

With hugs and kisses,

Jake

No comments:

Post a Comment